- 250g combined tomatoes, halved or thickly sliced
- 400g spirali or macaroni pasta
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp dijon mustard
- Nutmeg, grated
- Pinch chilli flakes (non-obligatory)
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 500ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 very low salt vegetable inventory dice dissolved in 125ml boiling water
- 5tbsp dietary yeast flakes
- 100g vegan cheese various, grated (we used Asda)
- Contemporary basil leaves, to garnish
- Warmth the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gasoline 5. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and add the tomatoes (minimize aspect up if halved), then roast for 15 min.
- In the meantime, cook dinner the pasta in response to the pack directions till al dente, then drain nicely.
- Warmth the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook dinner over a medium warmth for five min. Add the mustard, nutmeg, chilli, if utilizing (or plenty of freshly floor black pepper, should you choose), and flour. Combine nicely. Step by step whisk within the almond milk till clean, then whisk within the inventory and yeast flakes.
- Tip the pasta right into a 2–2.5 litre ovenproof dish, and pour over the sauce. Scatter with half the cheese various and blend nicely. Take away the tomatoes from the oven and lay them on prime. Add the remaining cheese, then bake for 15 min till golden and effervescent.
- Garnish with basil and serve with an enormous inexperienced salad or inexperienced veg (see proper).
Simply add greens…
- 80g inexperienced salad (no dressing) ADD 15kcal
- 80g wilted greens ADD 20kcal
- 80g inexperienced peas ADD 65kcal
- 80g broccoli ADD 27kcal