For the loaf
- 2tbsp chia seeds (white or black), finely floor
- 6tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g Natvia granulated sweetener
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1½tbsp recent lemon juice
- 225g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1½tbsp poppy seeds
- Low-fat unfold, to grease
For the lemon glaze
- Zest 1 giant unwaxed lemon, plus further to garnish (non-obligatory)
- 4tbsp recent lemon juice
- 3tbsp agave nectar
- In a big bowl, combine the bottom chia seeds with 200ml water
and put aside for 10 min. Add the remaining loaf elements, aside from the unfold, to the chia combination and whisk to mix.
- Warmth the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/fuel four. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with non-stick baking paper. Pour the loaf combination into the ready tin and bake for 45–50 min till the loaf is risen and golden.
- In the meantime, mix all of the elements for the glaze in a small pan, then convey to a speedy boil for two min. Drizzle the glaze over the loaf whereas it’s nonetheless heat and in its tin, permitting it to soak in. When the loaf has cooled barely, flip it out and garnish with further lemon zest, if utilizing, earlier than slicing.