- 75g blended pitted olives, roughly sliced
- 1tbsp capers in brine, drained
- 200ml dry white wine or reduced-salt inventory
- 200g smoked mackerel fillets, pores and skin eliminated, flaked
- 1tsp olive oil
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can finely chopped tomatoes
- 300g wholewheat pasta (we used fusilli)
- Recent parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Warmth the oil in a big non-stick frying pan. Add the chilli flakes, garlic and olives and prepare dinner for 1–2 min. Add the capers and tomato purée, then pour within the wine or inventory and convey as much as a simmer. Stir within the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 15 min to thicken.
- In the meantime, prepare dinner the pasta in line with the pack directions till al dente. Drain, saving a cupful of the cooking water.
- As soon as the sauce has thickened, stir within the mackerel and warmth for just a few min to heat by way of, then stir within the drained pasta with a splash of the cooking water and toss nicely to combine. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
TIP: Swap the wine or inventory and tomato purée for a second can of tomatoes, when you want.