- Flavourless spray oil, to grease
- 2 massive eggs, separated
- 150g runny honey
- Grated zest 2 massive oranges, plus 100ml juice
- 5tbsp gentle extra-virgin olive oil
- 125g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- ½tsp floor cinnamon
- 50g floor almonds
- 1tbsp pure flaked almonds, toasted
- For the syrup
- Zest and juice 1 massive orange
- 2tbsp runny honey
- Warmth the oven to 160ºC/fan 140°C/
fuel three. Evenly spray a 20cm spherical cake tin with oil. Line the bottom and sides with baking paper. In a big bowl, whisk the egg yolks, honey, orange zest and juice and olive oil till effectively mixed.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon right into a medium bowl. Gently fold the flour combination and floor almonds into the egg combination.
- In a separate clear bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff peaks type. Gently fold into the cake batter in batches till simply mixed. Pour the combination into the ready tin, then bake for 30–35 min till golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clear.
- In the meantime, make the syrup: mix all of the elements in a small saucepan and produce to the boil over a medium warmth, stirring to dissolve the honey. Cut back the warmth and simmer till diminished by half.
- Switch the cake to a wire rack and brush the highest with the nice and cozy syrup,
then scatter over the toasted almonds. Serve the cake whereas it’s nonetheless heat or
at room temperature.