- 2x400g tins of younger inexperienced jackfruit in water, drained
- 1 heaped tsp delicate white or yellow miso paste
- Zest and juice of ½ lime
- 1tbsp vegan mirin or ½tsp sugar and 1tbsp vegan white wine
- 1tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2tsp gluten free tamari lowered salt soy sauce, plus further to serve
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2cm piece of recent ginger, peeledand grated
- 2tbsp impartial cooking oil
- 60ml water
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Warmth the oven to 200.C/400.F/gasoline mark 6.
- Trim the arduous woody core away from every chunk of jackfruit and discard, leaving solely the softer flesh. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively the miso, lime zest, mirin or white wine and sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Add the jackfruit items and toss collectively.
- Warmth 1tbsp of the oil in a pan over a medium warmth. Add the dressed jackfruit and cook dinner, stirring, for a minute or so, then add the water. Flip up the warmth and permit the combination to bubble away for six–eight minutes. When nearly dry, take away from the warmth.
- Shred the jackfruit with 2 forks, eradicating any seeds or bits of stem. Pour the remaining oil on to a non-stick baking sheet, then unfold out the jackfruit on high. Bake for eight–12 minutes, till the sides start to char very barely.
- In the meantime, put together the noodles. Chop the pak choi into bite-sized items. Warmth the oil in a big pan or wok over a medium warmth, add the pak choi and bruised garlic, if utilizing. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the noodles and cook dinner for three minutes, stirring. Take away and discard the garlic.
- Divide the noodles and greens between warmed shallow bowls. Prime with the miso jackfruit, scatter with the spring onions and squeeze over a bit of the lime juice. Serve with further soy sauce.